CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Berkley!!






Our Berkley was 1 year old this past Wednesday..boohoo. She had a great birthday! She was very happy on her big day, but that is no different from any other day. We had a little family party on her b-day with my fam..then we are doing daddy's fam on Sunday. This past year has went by so fast (I know I say that all the time, but it has). I thought in honor of our girl's big day I would mention some funny, weird, cute, sweet, unique, happy, and other things about her that make her so special. Alright lets break down those smiles. We know she smiles all of the time, but the thing is the smiles are all different, no one smile is the same. She has about 10 different smiles. Smile 1- When she first sees Chloe in the morning. I stop whatever I am doing and watch her. She begins to glow! I love it! Smile 2- When she is has been caught doing something wrong (she usually adds a pointed finger at you along with the smile) Smile 3- Before and After she is about to consume food. The girl can eat some serious grub. She gets so happy when she knows she is about to eat, and then after she has stuffed her face there is this smile of pure satisfaction for her accomplishments. Smile 4- Mischievous smile..This one is usually when she is going for something of Chloe's that she knows she will freak out about. Smile 5- When her daddy comes in the door from work. There is also bouncing and shaking involved with one. Smile 6- When someone new is holding her, she smiles when they reach for her, but as she is going to them the smile kinda has a scary look to it. Smile 7- When we sing to her..loves it, claps for us when we are done..she is probally glad it is over!! Smile 8- When she sees a little one like herself. She loves her little friends! Smile 9- When I go and wake her up even before she opens her eyes she has this sweet grin on her face. Smile 10- When she sees the camera she knows just what to do. We love all her smiles, but one must wonder does her face hurt from all those smiles??

- Berkley has began this new thing, she will take food out of her mouth and offer it to you. It is usually mixed in with something of a totally different food group, but hey gotta give her props for sharing.
- Whenever she does get fussy food always does the trick.
- She has "mad" dancing skills. Whenever we have music on she bounces up and down.
- I think her personality is a combination of her Aunt Rachel and my mom. They are both big smilers, and my mom is an abnormally happy and upbeat individual (a trait I obviously missed out on).
- She has absolutely no interest in tv (her daddy thinks that is abnormal)
- We do not recall many times when she is awake that she is still...unless she is eating.
- She likes to empty out my underwear drawer, and scatter them among the house.
- She loves any attention that she can get. She likes to play shy, but she eats it all up.
- She loves to ride the 4-wheeler with her daddy.
- For the past 364 days she has been scared to death of the vacuum. She flips out whenever I bring it out. I have to carry her, and vacuum at the same time, but for some reason on her b-day I guess miss big girl decided it was time let the fear go. She followed me around the entire time I vacuumed, and did not cry one time.
- The trust and love between Chloe and her is so genuine! They both amaze me everyday. I hope they are always this close. I can't wait to hear all the funny, rude, and weird things they say about Judd and I.
- She loves dog food. There is rarely a day that goes by that she is not caught with it in her mouth. Now when I catch her she just pulls it out of mouth and hands it to me. When she starts raising her leg up to urinate I will not be shocked one bit!
- She has starting holding both her arms back when she walks real fast. It looks like she is about to take off flying, but that has not happened yet. It is so funny to see it though.
-OMG the slobber this child produces is insane. I have never seen quite so much! You never get a dry kiss..they are always nice and juicy..which is fine with us.
I hope this next year of Berkley's life is as great as the first one! She is such a wonderful, happy, and sweet baby girl!!

5 comments:

The Collins Family said...

This is so sweet! Berkley is such a sweet little girl and is always smiling. No, seriously, I think I have seen her upset 2 times. Granted, one of them was because she was hungry - you need to feed her more, Amy - ha ha. My favorite smile is when she is playing with my Addison! Happy Birthday Berkley Girl!

Amy Barrett said...

This is so sweet and funny! I love the underwear part! happy birthday Berkley! I'm so glad to have been a part of her first year!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little Berkley... man... it sure does go fast doesn't it!

Ashley Dobson said...

Very sweet. It does go by way too fast!! Happy Birthday Berkley!!

Stacy said...

I SEE YOU ARE STARTING A BLOG FOR PRECIOUS! Good luck with that! I hope she keeps it up... it would be great to add another pal to our little blog circle!